Dialogue - 2.5 no one to diagloue with after submission.

Dialogue - 2.5 no one to diagloue with after submission.

by Sarah Jane -
Number of replies: 2

Can anyone help me please

I have setup the dialogue plugin (Brilliant facility) , the Dialogue box looks like it works as the teachers name is in the drop down, however, when the dialogue is entered the following error comes up:

There is no one available to have a dialogue with.

I have checked the settings and these are set as per the instructions.

I have tried to reload the plugin - still same issue.

I saw a noticed regarding restarting the MySQL service but my host is saying they can't do this as it will affect our users.

so now I am stumped can anyone help me please.

Sarah x

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Jane

Re: Dialogue - 2.5 no one to diagloue with after submission.

by Sarah Jane -

Having tested this out and researched further I discover this is a bug that is unresolved. Apparently if the dialogue is set for teacher - student and the teacher doesn't instigate the dialogue the student can't communicate with the teacher. This is only a one way dialogue.

If the dialogue is set to everyone then the student can communicate with everyone as set.

My issue is I need the communicate between student and teacher to be private and I need the student to be able to initiate the dialogue. I read this can be done in the permissions but I have checked and rechecked everything but must be missing something -

Can anyone tell me how to allow the student to start the dialogue with the teacher without being able to see the other students?

many thanks sarah

In reply to Sarah Jane

Re: Dialogue - 2.5 no one to diagloue with after submission.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sarah Jane,

Today, I just had the same problem with the latest version of dialogue where my students were unable to initiate a dialogue with me, their teacher, like they could last spring when the dialogue was set to teacher - student. I traced it down to the permissions not being set to allow a student to Open a dialogue. I don't know how they were dropped, but once I added the student role back to being allowed to open a dialogue, it worked for all of them.

Just something to check. Hope it helps,

AL