Progress Tracking a Label

Progress Tracking a Label

by Whitney Eldridge -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I have a course with a series of Topics.  In each Topic is a Label with a thumbnail image.  When the user clicks on the thumbnail image a video pops up.

I am trying to add Progress Tracking to these videos.

I have enabled Completion Tracking site wide (Site Administration/Advanced Features/Enable completion tracking).  At the Course level I have enabled Completion Tracking (Course/Edit Settings/Edit course settings/Completion Tracking/Enable-Yes)

And yet, in the Label settings, the only Completion Tracking options I get are “Do not indicate activity completion” and “Students can manually mark the activity as complete”.

It appears a Label is about the only resource that doesn't support Conditional Completion Tracking.  And a label is the only resource that can display a thumbnail inline on my course page from which I can launch a popup video. 

Clearly the label was intended for something else.  But its the only way to add thumbnails without adding extra clicks to enter a new page or other type of resource.  Is there any way to get the conditional progress tracking in a label?  Or is there another way to add a thumbnail directly inline on my course page?

Thanks for any input,

Moodle 2.5.1+ (Build: 20130726)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Whitney Eldridge

Re: Progress Tracking a Label

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Try going to Site administration>Development>Experimental and enabling group members only.