Students are unable to upload assignments using the "Upload a single file" grade item

Students are unable to upload assignments using the "Upload a single file" grade item

by Trent Vu -
Number of replies: 2

We've set up a series of homework assignments that students have to download, complete and then upload using a "Upload a single file" option in the "Add an activity" drop down menu.

When they click the link to upload their assignment, they get the description and an "Upload a file" button.  After clicking the button, the text, "Upload a file" appears, the loading .gif image appears along with the "Save changes" button and the "Cancel" button, but the file picker never pops up. 

This also happens with the "Advanced uploading of files" option and I can't figure out what's happening.  I don't know if the YUI isn't working properly or what but I'm stumped.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Trent Vu

Re: Students are unable to upload assignments using the "Upload a single file" grade item

by Debbie McDonald -

Were you able to get this figured out? We are having the same problem. Moodle 2.5

In reply to Debbie McDonald

Re: Students are unable to upload assignments using the "Upload a single file" grade item

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This is normally a Java or Ajax issue.  I have found that turning off Ajax caching in the Admin settings often resolves it.