Delete meta course link enrolment method

Delete meta course link enrolment method

by David Campbell -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I have a course that has students enrolled using the meta course link enrolment method. It has worked fine (except for lack of groups), but now that I am getting ready to do grades for the course I have found that grades for some activities for some students in the main course and the meta linked course aren't showing in the grade book. I can see the activities have been graded when go to activity, but there is just a hyphen - in the grade box in the grade book.

I solved the problem in the main course by unenrolling the student and then enrolling them again. That didn't solve the problem in the meta course and I can't go in and individually unenroll a student in the meta linked course. 

My question is:

Can I delete the meta course link enrolment method and then create the link again to have the students enrolled again in the meta course (I will have to create the groups again.) in hopes that grade book will be populated with the correct grades? Will I lose all of their grades for the meta course?

I am using Moodle 2.2.2 (Build:20120312)

As my grades a due soon, this kind of urgent.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Campbell

Re: Delete meta course link enrolment method

by David Campbell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

This is just an update on this issue just in case someone else experiences the same problem. 

Once  I submitted my grades I went back and looked at all of the quiz grades for each student and did a backup of all the data. I then deleted the meta course enrolment method and then recreated the link to the main course again. All of the students were enrolled again in the meta link course, but all of their grade information was gone from the grade book. In the participants list they are listed as never having accessed the course. When I looked at the quiz results for each of the quizzes the results were there, but not showing in the grade book. In the quiz results it would not show the students "who had not attempted quiz". It would only show all attempts and the highest score of the attempts. In selecting any of the other report choices it would only show the graph of the results.

It is interesting that it not possible to "try to recover the scores" from the beginning of the course like you can with the manual enrolment method. This may have been solved in 2.5, but if it hasn't it should be considered to make the meta course more reliable.