course completion email

course completion email

by Lukasz Wich -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Team,

I would like to set something like that: when student complete a course teacher should get an email message:" User [userName] has already compleeted [courseName]. "

Is it possible?

Regards,

Lukasz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lukasz Wich

Re: course completion email

by Nis P -

Hi, I am also trying to figure out the same thing. There is an event called   course_completed   which should has been added since version 2.3.2.

On the contrary,   this page   which was updated last on 30th July 2013 (when I checked), mentions that the same event is still in the wish list. Hence I believe is not implemented yet.

These are 2 contradictory information. So I decided to write a local plugin and see if the event fires. But after all the tests, it seems the event is not fired at all.

Being a newbie to Moodle, I am not sure how else would we implement this functionality.

Anyone else with any information or guidance ?

In reply to Nis P

Re: course completion email

by Kevin Rosso -

Sorry - I am new to the forum and just found your post. Did you ever get this to work? I need to also write an event handler for 'course_completed' event and the current docs (http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Events_API) still have it on the wish list. Any info or guidance would be much appreciated.