Where can students view all possible badges?

Where can students view all possible badges?

by Sue M. -
Number of replies: 5

I love the idea of badges and I've begun a few basic badges on my site. However, I can't find where the main Badges page would be - or if this even exists. I am looking for a page that shows all Badges possible so that students know what to aim for in order to get more Badges.

Anyone know where this is or if it exists?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue M.

Re: Where can students view all possible badges?

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Any user can see all the site level badges by going to Navigation > Site pages > Site badges.

Anyone enrolled in a course can see all badges in that course by going to Navigation > Current course > Badges > Course badges.

Users can't see the badges for a course they are not enrolled in, naturally.

In reply to Randy Thornton

by Sue M. -

Thank you! 

I'm glad to find where they are and it helps make the decision to remove badges from my site even easier! The layout of the page is horrible when there are multiple courses required for a badge - endless ugly scroll on the badge page. 

There were other reasons as well, but this factored in for sure!

In reply to Sue M.

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Sue,

If the look and feel is not good, then consider putting in a feature request in the Tracker.

Clearly the focus in the first release was on course level badges. Site level badges is just a first shot at how to be able to award badges for multiple course completions. There are probably many other ways to do it and the feature will be build out in the future I am sure.

In reply to Randy Thornton

by Sue M. -

Thanks for the advice! I uploaded my suggestions to the tracker. I hope the next version(s) have more flexibility so they fulfill their potential!

In reply to Sue M.

by Simon Coggins -

Hi Sue,

As a workaround you could add some extra styles to your theme's style sheet to hide the sections you don't want to show. For example on the Site badges page you could do something like this to hide the 'criteria' column:

#page-badges-view .collection .criteria { display: none;}

To hide other columns just change .criteria for one of the following:

• badgeimage
  • name
  • description
  • awards

If you wanted to shrink the badge image size you could do:

#page-badges-view .collection .badgeimage img { width: 50px; height: 50px;}

To shrink to half the current size.

Not sure where you would want to apply a scrollbar but that can be done by setting the container height then using overflow: scroll;

Simon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)