Way to add 15 random items to Quiz from Q-bank dropdown?

Way to add 15 random items to Quiz from Q-bank dropdown?

av Gerald Grow -
Galle vástádusa: 6

Me, again, running Moodle 2.4.4.

When I want to add random questions from a question category into a quiz, the dropdown lets me add 10, 20, 30, etc.

Is there a way I can add 15 instead?

I know I an add 10, then add 5. But sometimes I'm adding random questions from a hand-picked selection from a long list of questions, and the moment I add 10, the check-marks disappear, and I have to select them again.

This is not terribly important, but it would be a convenience, so thanks for your thoughts.

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Vástádussan geasa: Gerald Grow

Re: Way to add 15 random items to Quiz from Q-bank dropdown?

av Rick Jerz -
Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Testers

Yes, pick 10, then add 5.  Moodle will never repeat randomly selected questions from the same test bank.

av Joshua Bragg -

You're not doing what you think you're doing at the moment.  You can only add random questions from a category.  If you look closely above the "Add N random questions" you'll see that its has a heading of "Add random questions from category."  Your handpicked list isn't going to be what it chooses from.

If you want it to randomly pull from a group like that you'll need to move everything into a categories or sub categories.

Vástádussan geasa: Joshua Bragg

av Rick Jerz -

Joshua, thanks for clarifying my comments.

Quite honestly, the only way that I have ever added questions to my Moodle is by first establishing a category.  In didn't know one could simply add questions, without a category.  I guess that these questions might go into the highest System category, right?

Vástádussan geasa: Rick Jerz

av Joshua Bragg -

Based on Gerald's prior comments here I imagine they are being shared at the system level.

Vástádussan geasa: Joshua Bragg

av Gerald Grow -

Joshua - Ah! That explains it.

ANY questions I want to randomize, then, must be in their own category. They cannot be chosen from a longer list.

Got it.

av Rick Jerz -

Or a sub-category.  Take a look at my graphic. What I do is to randomly pick 15 questions from only Ch01 when we are into Ch01.  I create a quiz based only on Ch01.

Then, at mid-term, I give the students 50 random questions from all of the first half chapters.  By organizing the questions as I have, it is very easy to accomplish setting up the individual chapter, and the mid-term.  I do not need to separately set up the mid-term questions.  Hope this makes sense to you.

By the way, in the picture, the next upper level for me is "Business Courses". 

Mielddus Categories and sub-categories.jpg