Guest access without login to only certain courses

Guest access without login to only certain courses

by Night Owl -
Number of replies: 2

Hi...I've read all the posts that I can find on this, but I'm still not sure how to do this.  I have a school site with numerous high school courses, but I have about 6 courses that are elementary level and the teachers would like for parents to be able to access without having to login.  So, I would like to accomplish the following:

1. Guest access without having to login for 6 courses

2. No "Allow Guest Login" button on the login page

3. No guest access for ANY other courses or for our home page

I've been able to accomplish the guest access using &username=guest for the 6 courses, but it requires that I turn on the guest login button on the home page. Also, the guest must accept the site policy before going to the course.  I do not want ANYONE to see the front page of our site without logging in. I just want the parents of the 6 courses to link directly to the specific course without having to login or accept the policy. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Night Owl

Re: Guest access without login to only certain courses

by Night Owl -

Does anyone have a suggestion on this? Is there a reason why, if I have guest access turned on for a course, it would require the "Login as Guest" button on the front page to also be turned on, even if I am using the "&username=guest" parameter in the URL?  I do have auto-login as guest turned on.

In reply to Night Owl

Re: Guest access without login to only certain courses

by Georgi Samaras -

I'm in exactly the same position.  Has this question been addressed?

I'm experimenting with this in a Moodle 2.6.2 test environment.

I have a course to which I'd like to allow guest access without forcing guests to click the guest login button, but I would also like to disallow guest access to the front page.  I have "Auto-login guests" checked, and the description makes it seem like this should be all I'd need to do, but this solution will not work unless "Guest login button" is also set to "Show".

Is this intentional or a bug?