Does Moodle 2.x ignore PREVIOUS and NEXT attributes in XMLDB mod install files?

Does Moodle 2.x ignore PREVIOUS and NEXT attributes in XMLDB mod install files?

by Matt Bury -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

In the process of developing and testing activity modules for Moodle 2.x, I've noticed that modules install without any warnings or errors or any problems if there are inconsistencies in the PREVIOUS and NEXT attributes in elements of db/install.xml.

Moodle 1.9 was a "stickler" for consistency with those. Does Moodle 2.x ingore them?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Bury

Re: Does Moodle 2.x ignore PREVIOUS and NEXT attributes in XMLDB mod install files?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The rules were relaxed in 2.5, if I remember rightly. You still need them in 2.4 and before.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Does Moodle 2.x ignore PREVIOUS and NEXT attributes in XMLDB mod install files?

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Tim. Good to know.

Are there any downsides to having inconsistencies in the PREVIOUS and NEXT attributes in Moodle 2.5+?

In reply to Matt Bury

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't think so. You may get warnings when you load them into XMLDB.