Same course different teachers

Same course different teachers

by Joel Johnson -
Number of replies: 3

I have an 8th Grade US History class.  I teach four sections and we have one other teacher teaching one section.  How do I make my page available to also be his page? My assignments his assignments?

Thanks all,

Joel Johnson

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joel Johnson

Re: Same course different teachers

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well when you say "section" do you mean a Moodle course? Course If so then if you want your colleague to be able to use your course then you will need to ask your admin to enrol him into your course as an editing teacher (other teachers cannot usually enrol colleagues into their course as teachers)

In reply to Joel Johnson

by George Self -

Mary is correct, you could have the other teacher added as a co-teacher for your class (or a non-editing teacher, or some other sort of teacher).

Perhaps all you need to do is backup and restore your course for the other teacher. That way, he/she gets all of your assignments and such; but can still run a totally separate class.

It's even conceivable that you are looking for a feature called a "MetaCourse," http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Course_meta_link. Think of a MetaCourse as a "parent" class where you can have enrollments from several other classes automatically show up in the metaclass. As an example, if you have a class, say ENG100 Sec 1, set up as a metaclass, then you can specify that students who sign up for ENG100 Sec 2 actually show up as students in your Sec 1 class; as if they had signed up for Sec 1 in the first place. That way, you would add the other teacher as a co-teacher in your class and then also enroll all of his students into your class; you would then have to work out the process you would use to determine who grades papers and such.

--George

In reply to George Self

by Joel Johnson -

Thank you guys!  Will talk to our IT guys tomorrow morning.