Moodle 2.4 cannot make a backup of a course

Moodle 2.4 cannot make a backup of a course

by Rizwan Ghani -
Number of replies: 2

We have update our moodle 1.9 to moodle 2.4 and everything is doing wel. Just we are having problems with making backup of a course. We have large courses with plenty of PDF files and Quizes. In moodle 1.9 was never a problem to make a backup of a course but in moodle 2.4 is this is a great problem. We have increased the memory_limit upto 1024MB and max_vars is set to 5000 but still not able to make a backup. Every time if we start to backup by the step schema settings if we want to select or deselect the objects it reacts so slow that one click takes about 2 to 3 minutes. Please we need help. We are just stuck. We also enable debug but so far no message displayed.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rizwan Ghani

Re: Moodle 2.4 cannot make a backup of a course

by Richard Collecutt -

Hi, I have this problem when backing up large courses using Internet Explorer (8 and 9) - it simply cannot handle displaying large pages with lots of content, especially checkboxes that use ajax or javascript. It also happens when editing a large course as well.

The fact that selecting or deselecting objects on the browser takes a long time indicates the problem is with the browser, not the server.

The solution I use is to change my web browser to something like Google Chrome, it does not slow down very much when displaying a large course for editing or for backup.

In reply to Richard Collecutt

Re: Moodle 2.4 cannot make a backup of a course

by Rizwan Ghani -

Thank Richard,

I have tried in IE 8, IE9 and Chrome but there is no difference. 

Anybody else with the same issue?