Urgent request for help about a Moodle 2.4.5 build not sending out welcome email after self-registering for a course

Urgent request for help about a Moodle 2.4.5 build not sending out welcome email after self-registering for a course

by Jennie Lawrence -
Number of replies: 1

We are a relatively new Moodle 2.4.5 build and none of the registrants are getting course welcome confirmation e-mails after they register in a course. I tried to register and i did not receive a confirmation e-mail myself. How can I make sure that registrants are getting email confirmation of their courses? We received hundreds of new registrants today and complaints are not tolerated. 

Anyone have any helpful ideas on how to get this feature to work? Our welcome confirmation email box is ticked on production site and it should work. 

Send course welcome message enrol_self | sendcoursewelcomemessage
Default: Yes

If enabled, users receive a welcome message via email when they self-enrol in a course.

==========

Thank you all for your Help with this Issue. Best, Jennie 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jennie Lawrence

Re: Urgent request for help about a Moodle 2.4.5 build not sending out welcome email after self-registering for a course

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Jennie,

That settings is only the system default which newly built courses will inherit, but the setting could be changed or different in any particular course. 

I'd check that the courses not working actually have that turned on at the course level.

In a course, go to Course administration > Users > Enrolment methods > Self-enrolment and then check the settings there.  Make sure the course welcome message is checked; it's near the bottom of the list. Also: here is where you can customization the message per course if you wish. 

(I assume you have checked that other email is going out, such as forum messages and so forth, so it is not for lack of email settings.)