General help

Picture of arul j
Help to Add Students Automatically to Groups in a course based on their performance

Hi

I am a beginner in moodle. i wish to know whether is it possible to add the students automatically to particular groups based on their performance in the quiz which they attend like based on their grade they scored. if it possible will any body please help.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Bob Puffer
Re: Help to Add Students Automatically to Groups in a course based on their performance
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't know anyway of accomplishing this short of hacking core code.  What is your ultimate objective?  Perhaps it can be attained in another way.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of arul j
Re: Help to Add Students Automatically to Groups in a course based on their performance

Hi Bob i wish to enroll students to a course and then add these students to different groups inside the course based on their request and grades which they got in a quiz. so as to provide course contents based on group where they are.

Example is one student is beginner in C and so we have to place him in a group Beginner and likewise we have to use separate group for expert and also i need to know whether is it possible to done this automatically

Picture of Bob Puffer
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

You're either going to do major hacks on core code or create a standalone 'cron' type process that evaluates your criteria data from Moodle's tables and enrolls in a group accordingly.  Take a look at this code to get some ideas of the Moodle functions involved.  Its purpose is to auto-create groups for child course in the meta course.

Once you're able to place the students in groups, you'll need corresponding groupings (are systems automatically create a grouping for every group).  You can limit your various activities to groupings only.

Picture of karl Hehr

Having this feature would be awesome. So..

I set up a quiz and then based on score the students are placed in groups. These groups (without members) are already assigned to certain activities; review, remediation, or next lesson. I don't like having to do things manually. 

My planned work around is to have the enrollment key show up in the feedback at the end of the quiz that will allow them to join the correct group.