How I insert tabs and file upload on Theme Settings?

How I insert tabs and file upload on Theme Settings?

by Daniel Henrique da Silva Costa -
Number of replies: 9

How I insert tabs and file upload on Theme Settings, like image in append?

Attachment i.custom.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Henrique da Silva Costa

Re: How I insert tabs and file upload on Theme Settings?

Other image.

Attachment i.image.png

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

That's a custom Remote Learner Moodle partner theme there - I can't help you with the tabs (or the coding involved) but with Moodle 2.5 there are increasingly themes which allow you to upload logos using the file picker in the theme settings  (Clean or Afterburner for example) so if you are asking how you can create your own similar theme then you might start off exploring one of those. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Hi, thanks!

Really afterburn have the filepicker.

So, about the option tabs. Is possible I use tabs in Moodle Theme Settings?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Unfortunately we don't have that capability to add tabs in theme settings pages in Moodle.

Sorry! sad

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

But you can add groups of settings on different pages - check out the settings.php in Essential smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Julian Ridden -

You can have file pickers in Moodle Themes. Check out the Afterburner theme in Moodle core or my Essential theme in the plugins DB.

Essential also uses submenu's in the admin sidebar rather than Tabs. I don't think we can do tabs in core, but even if we could I prefer to use the submenu. It means you can go straight to the settings you wish to change in one click rather than two. Just my 2c. Check out the settings.php file of the Essential theme to see how it was done.

Julian

Attachment theme_settings.jpg

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Julian Ridden -

harmony, I am confused by your statement. Students can't edit theme settings...neither can teachers. Only admins see these screens.

Julian

In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Harmony- I think you are talking about a tabbed theme rather than tabbed settings for editing a theme, yes? Have a search through themes in the Plugins to find one you  think might be suitable