Tonight I am proud to release the latest version of the Moodle Essential theme to the community. Lots of work has gone into bug fixing as well as introducing new features requested by the community.
Before anyone posts about it, the issue with the first slide of the slideshow is still present and I am searching for a fix.
Many thanks also has to go out to many in the community for offering bug fixes and translations. Essential is fast becoming a true community effort and one I am proud to be part of.
New in 2.5.3
- New Settings screen just for color selection
- Marketing Spots on homepage can now have images added. These will automatically be sized to fit by the theme.
- Can now upload your own page background image
- Can now set colors for footer region
- Cleanup of required images (Theme now only uses 4 images)
- Performance info now neatly formatted.
- Fixed Custom Menu color in IE8 and IE9
- Can now upload optional images into the marketing spots
- Now available in English, German, Russian, Turkish and Spanish (many thanks to the Moodle Community for translating)
- New Pinterest, Instagram, Skype and the Russian VK social networks added.
- Can now add links to Mobile apps on the iOS App Store and Google Play
- New formatting on login block
- A plethora of minor CSS Fixes
Click here to download it from the Plugins DB or update it from your Moodle admin settings.
Feedback and bug reports, as always, are welcomed in this thread.
(Edited by Gareth J Barnard - original submission Tuesday, 6 August 2013, 1:09 PM)
This post and replies is now closed, please see my last reply as to why.