General help

Moodle Lesson Stripping HTML

Picture of Graham Paull
Moodle Lesson Stripping HTML

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding the Lessons Activity Module within Moodle 2:

When I create a new content page within a lesson, I will paste over some HTML, this HTML is literally for silly things like Bullet Pointing and table formatting etc, when I have the editor open I can see how it should look but when I save this and view it all the HTML formatting is removed. When I go in to edit this content page again I can see that the formatting HTML is still within the code.

Is there anything I can do to keep the formatting so that when I view the lesson I will see all the formatting.

I have full access to the back-end code so if there is anything I need to change I am happy to do so.

Moodle 2.4.1+

TIA,

Graham

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Richard Bakos
Re: Moodle Lesson Stripping HTML

Hello Graham, 

Try this and see if it resolves the issue.

Go to My Profile Settings -> Edit profile, then change the field "When editing text" to "use common web forms"

This will remove the tinyMCE editor and replace it with a standard text-area field. Put your code into the text area for the content page and save. It shouldn't strip out any HTML when you do this. At least that has always been my solution when dealing with the issue of having my HTML stripped. I tend to use a lot of HTML5 tags that tinyMCE doesn't like (presumably because it's stuck in XHTML) so I have it turned off most of the time.

Hope that helps. If you have already solved the issue, what method did you use?

Average of ratings: -