General help

Picture of David Pethick
Is there a way to hide resource and activity links for student but not teacher/administrator

Good evening,

In designing my moodle course, I've come up with a possibly strange design requirement which may or may not be possible.

As a teacher, when you add a resource or activity to a topic, a link is created to that resource/activity at the bottom of each topic. That part is fine as you need the links there to be able to edit and update/remove etc.

However, rather than have a long list of activities and resources appear for students in this same place that they click on to engage with, I'd like to be able to create hyperlinks within the HTML part of the topic - i.e. "Here is a link to an activity"

An example is in the screenshot attached, I have links to all my activities in text above the list. Is there a way to make the list of activities and resources at the bottom of the screenshot disappear? (But only for students, not administrators or teachers)

Sorry a bit long winded but hopefully someone will know what I mean. Even if its just a NO, means I can move on and think of something else crazy smile

Regards

David

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Is there a way to hide resource and activity links for student but not teacher/administrator
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi there. Have a look at #7 in Course FAQ

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Sakshi Goel
Re: Is there a way to hide resource and activity links for student but not teacher/administrator
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi David

Yes, it is possible. You will create resources or activities in the last topic and copy the link of the activity and paste it. for example you create a reource called what is moodle. open it in and copy its URL. Then paste its hyperlink to link word. (Read this link to know what is Moodle)

Then go to course settings and make it 1 topic less in setting 'Number of weeks/topic to show. Example suppose there are 5 topics in your course and you kept all the resources and activities in topic 5. Then in course setting set this to 5-1=4 .

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of David Pethick

Hi Mary and Sakshi,

Absolutely brilliant, perfect - thank you so much.

Guess what though has now made me think of something else while you're on a roll ... smile

Say I wanted to include a weekly checklist, as a form of 'completion assessment' for each topic/week. I had one in say week 1 which would identify if students had accessed or completed all tasks for that week. Now that all my activities are in one week at the end, that wouldn't be possible really would it?

Picture of David Pethick

Ooops might have already thought of an answer to my own question. I could start playing around with the 'visible/not visible' settings couldn't and gradually release activities in that hidden week perhaps as the course progresses. Hmmm might need some more thought by me smile

Mary Cooch

Picture of David Pethick

Mary, that completion tracking feature is the most wonderful thing I never knew existed smile Thank YOU!!