General help

Picture of Susan Ruckdeschel
Moving Courses and Course Limits V 2.3

I need to copy over courses from one site to another using backup and restore. The limit is 64MB, but mine are larger. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Ken Task
Re: Moving Courses and Course Limits V 2.3
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Turn on File System Repository.  That will create a folder in moodledata called 'repository'.  Manually (through whatever means you have ... command line, FTP interface, etc.) create a folder contained in repository called 'courserestores'.  Make sure ownership/permissons on that folder/directory allows read/write by apache/web server user.

Create a hidden course called 'Course Restores'.  Minimal config of course.  Assign no one as student or teacher.  Admin level users can see the course and interact with it.  Enter the Course Restores course.  Click Repositories.  Setup a new File System Repo instance and point to the 'courserestores' folder you created earlier.

Upload via other means ... ftp, scp, etc. those larger than allowed course backups to the courserestores repo.

In that course, click Restore, select the file system repo set up for that and select your larger .mbz file to restore - step through restore process.

There is also a setting in Moodle roles for ignoring larger than size restrictions.   It is set for Manager to allow by default.  You need to decide if Teacher role needs same.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Manuel

Where can I turn on the File System Repository?

Picture of Ken Task

Home
    / ▶ Site administration
    / ▶ Plugins
    / ▶ Repositories
    / ▶ Manage repositories

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Manuel

Thank you for sharing your knowledge

Picture of Ken Task

Welcome.  Uhhhh ... that's what I thought educators should be doing naturally ... 'sharing' their knowledge.

'spirit of sharing', Ken