ERROR:Trying to reference an unknown block region side-pre?

ERROR:Trying to reference an unknown block region side-pre?

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Don't panic, this is an OLD Moodle BUG that has been around now for over three years...

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=147792#p646347

It is not so much where you move from in your Moodle site, but more to do with the page in which you land. 

At the moment it appears to be rearing its ugly head in Bootstrap based themes.

If you get this kind of error, please report it here and copy/paste your particular Error message and Stack Trace which is usually listed below the error.

Thanks

Mary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: ERROR:Trying to reference an unknown block region side-pre?

by brandon martin -

I am getting this error using the clean bootstrap theme trying to use the customsql plugin.

I am not sure where to get the stack trace.

Attachment Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 11.08.55 AM.png
In reply to brandon martin

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi you should not be getting this error with the latest version of Moodle

It tends to happen when a block region exists in the code but not specified in the theme's config.php.

However, in your case it might be something you have added to the theme files, or something in the plug-in that is looking for a region that does not exist, for the same reasons as mentioned previously. Can you explain more about the SQL plug-in as I am not familiar with it.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Mary and Brandon,

I just tried to replicate on Moodle 2.5.2+ (Build: 20130927) with version 2013062400 of the report and cannot.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to brandon martin

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Brandon,

To get the stack trace, turn on developer level Debugging please.

Gareth