Google Apps Integration Issues with upgrade to Moodle 2.4.5

Re: Google Apps Integration Issues with upgrade to Moodle 2.4.5

by Matt Ladwig -
Number of replies: 4

More info: A tech from my hosting company is telling me this documentation is out of date and the code no longer has the gsaml authentication plugin or the user sync block... this seems odd considering that you are using the gsaml just fine.

Rob, it is impressive that you were able to upgrade your own Moodle with Google Apps integration in a day while our hosting company who specializes in Moodle and is a Moodle Partner can't get ours working in 6 days... and they still seem lost.

My hands are tied at the moment. I would love to attempt to fix it myself, but our host no longer lets their clients have full access. We are not even allowed to upload a plugin. It is one of the frustrating things with going with a Google Partner. 

In reply to Matt Ladwig

by Rob Johnson -

I am curious what code your host is referring to.  I am using the integration maintained here at the Moodle for New Zealand schools site (I run a Moodle for a school district in Southern California).  They even have a release for 2.5.  It uses gsaml for authentication.  For this integration package, most of the documentation you linked to is still valid.

Please post back with how this turns out for you.  I am sure other Moodle admins will run into a similar situation.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Sam Norman -

Hi all,

I too had this issue where after upgrading my Moodle was not able to use the gsaml authentication plugin or sync users to google. This was after searching for updated code on the moodle.org site.

Taking a lead from Rob's post, I downloaded the Moodle for NZ Schools package for 2.5 and copied the auth/gsaml and the blocks over to my moodle. I found once I had run the notifications, my moodle updated with the new code but had retained all the settings (including the rsa details) and worked straight away. 

Thank you Rob for your post and the point in the right direction. It has certainly saved me a lot of hassles.

Cheers,

Sam.

In reply to Sam Norman

by Kunihiko Harada -

Hi everyone in this thread.

I tried to download Moodle for NZ Schools 2.5, but it is gone. I cannot find any instructions for Moodle for NZ Schools 2.5 either. What is going on? Please help. I just would like to do a better job as a teacher using Moodle and Google Apps combined.