Username and Password issue after migration

Username and Password issue after migration

by Raymond Fischer -
Number of replies: 6

Yes we have purchased a new server, and we are running every server we currently had as virtual machines. Any, i had moodle set up on a centos server to begin with, but in the virtual machine i decided to use turnkey linux because i thought it would be simple and easier to migrate over. Well anyways, I migrated everything over and it all looked like it worked except when i log in, the username and passwords don't work. When I do the forgot password, I get an email but when i click on the link I get error/Failed to generate password hash. I am not sure what I have done wrong. I know that turnkey(debian based) uses an older mysql with is 5.1.66 and centos had 5.1.69 but i wouldnt think that would bother it that much. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raymond Fischer

Re: Username and Password issue after migration

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Raymond,

It seems to be something related to a caching issue:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-38102

As you cannot log in, from what I understand I think you could delete (or rename) the "cache" folder under your moodledata directory.

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Raymond Fischer -

Thank you. I will try that when I get the chance.

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Raymond Fischer -

Thank you. I will try that when I get the chance.

by Raymond Fischer -

Ok here is the deal, i got it working now. I did what you said. But the username and passwords still dont work. but I can reset the password with the forgot a password function. I guess i can just let everyone know that and let them reset them. Not a complete fix but it works. I guess. Thanks

by Guillermo Madero -

Great to know. Not the best solution, I agree, but at least you can start working smile