Students can't upload in on mdl2

Students can't upload in on mdl2

by Lisa Speece -
Number of replies: 2

I am creating my first moodle and I enrolled a fake student just to check out that everything is on par, but when I started viewing the assignments, I am not finding an upload button for the upload document assignments or a text box for the online text assignments.  I am thinking the problem is in the student permissions or in the assignment settings.  When I follow the link to the assignment, I only see the description.  Where did I go wrong?

Attachment Screen shot 2013-08-02 at 9.48.36 AM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lisa Speece

Re: Students can't upload in on mdl2

by Floyd Saner -

Lisa, 

There are several items to check.  I used the guest login to your site and looked at the course.

1. Are you certain you are logged in as the 'fake' student?  In order to fully test an assignment upload you must login as a user who has the student role in a course - not using the 'Switch role to..' option.
  2. From your screenshot, it appears you clicked the 'Immigration' link in your course, which is a Moodle page, not an assignment.  You need to click the 'Immigration essay' link, which is an assignment link.
  3. Is your Immigration Essay assignment configured for uploading of files?  From the link I was able to use, it appears the assignment is configured as an offline assignment without the ability to upload files or enter online text.  Go back and look at the assignment settings.

By the way.... I grew up in Lansdale, just south of Allentown.  My in-laws lived in Bethlehem.  I visited there many times.

-Floyd

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Lisa Speece

Re: Students can't upload in on mdl2

by Lisa Speece -

Thanks so much - turns out that although I registered the fake student, I did not go on as admin and enroll the student.  So, there was the missing link!  When I enrolled the student and then logged in as the student it was all there.  Phew - only a couple weeks till school!