Authentication

Picture of simon simon
Registration without e-mail confirmation

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me that exists some plugin to disable confirmation via e-mail? I set up moodle in small environment and I want disable this.

Just: register and work!

Regards,

Simon

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Helen Foster
Re: Registration without e-mail confirmation
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi Simon,

If your Moodle site is not publicly available on the Internet, you could use the No authentication method.

Picture of simon simon

Hi Helen,

Yes, I know that, but if I enable this method I cannot see register form. Just disapear. Do I have to enable something else?

Regards,

Simon

Picture of Helen Foster
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

There is no registration form when you use the 'No authentication' method. Potential users just enter a username and password, then their account is created and they are immediately taken to the edit profile page where they have to fill in their full name, email address etc (as on the registration form). You can test how it works on our Moodle sandbox site.

Picture of simon simon

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your reply. But I do not understand. I enabled 'No authentication' method, but registerauth is off and I can not enable this.

Or maybe I do not know where potential users have to put own username and password. login/index.php? It does not work!

I am confuse ;-(

Regards,

Simon

Picture of Helen Foster

There is no need to enable registerauth, you just need to enable 'No authentication' in Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Manage authentication. A potential user can then enter a username and password in the login page.