Turnitin Direct and Yearly Instances

Turnitin Direct and Yearly Instances

by Jason Bennett -
Number of replies: 0

Each year we move the recent year's Moodle instance to an archive URL and put up a new instance at the main Moodle URL here. We began using the Turnitin Direct Module at the beginning of the last school year and now we're having trouble figuring out how to handle the issues related to running Turnitin Direct on  multiple instances with many of the same users. If anybody else has done this, I would love to speak with you. My communications with tech support are mainly by email due to the time difference between me and the engineers in the UK and so far it's not going swimmingly. 

We create new accounts each year using a script that brings in courses, enrollments and instructors for the upcoming semester. I think the trouble is that the Turnitin module will create new user IDs for all the accounts, despite the fact that many of the users will be faculty and returning students who used Turnitin assignments in Moodle last year. I say think because so far I haven't tried it. The engineer tells me to unlink and relink the users but he didn't tell me where (old site only, new site only or old site and new site?) to do so nor what this process is doing at any depth. At any rate, I'm hoping someone out there has encountered a similar issue and can provide some guidance. 

Average of ratings: -