Installation help

Picture of Kate Rhodes
new users created when I updated???

Hi there, I just did a successful update from Moodle 1.9.8  all the way through to the current 2.5. Took all day but it did go smoothly - the only thing is now we have some strange looking users in the list of users. I've attached a screen cap here.

I just need to know could this be users that have been corrupted in the update and if so, is it okay to delete them.

I have the old database backed up, and all the old certificates so we don't necessarily need the records... I'm just curious to how or why they got there!

smile Thanks!

Kate

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Myrrh Lynn
Re: new users created when I updated???

HOW DID YOU DO IT?! A successful and smooth upgrade?!Congratulations!!

Now, seriously, how did you do it?

I have to upgrade form 1.9.13 to 2.5. Any and all help is appreciated. (no, I do not have linux)

Picture of Kate Rhodes

Thanks! It wasn't too bad at all really. I have access to our server through cPanel, so I can do updates fairly easily... at least for someone without a lot of this type of technical knowledge!

I just made sure that the whole site was backed up, database etc.... then uploaded each version of moodle to the folder, and then let it install - testing and then backing up each new version.  It took me about 4 hours to finish and the site is working well except for those weird usernames...

Sketch...
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Well done!