Custom Administrator Role - User Creation Isolated to Cohort/Group

Custom Administrator Role - User Creation Isolated to Cohort/Group

by Holly Twenty -
Number of replies: 3

I'm hoping to find a solution that lets me have one instance of Moodle which allows an Admin from a customer company self manage their own students, without seeing any other customer companies/users.

I would like to know if it is possible to create a custom Admin role that allows the view/add/edit/delete of users to a certain company (group/cohort?), but does not allow the view/add/edit/delete of users from other companies.

I have been looking online for a solution. I have followed links to Multi-Tenancy, but have yet to find a simple solution (that does not require the creation of multiple instances of Moodle or a tonne of backend administration).

Has anyone got any advice on this? Can this be coded or is there a plug-in?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Holly Twenty

Re: Custom Administrator Role - User Creation Isolated to Cohort/Group

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Hi Holly,

probably the following answer could be useful to you when dealing with standard core Moodle functions: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=233318
In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

Re: Custom Administrator Role - User Creation Isolated to Cohort/Group

by Andre Paz Leal -

Hi there, this is a new thread so I will not create another, because I´m in the same needs that our fellow Holly Twenty. Has anyone found any solution?

I too have create different categories, and the manager from each categorie can add, edit, any course, but can´t add user only enroll them.

And when I set the enroll opetion the user can see users from different cohorts.

The cohorts idea is awesome when compared to the groups and groupping, really fast forward but I think that some configuration I set wrong because as I told if I have 3 difefrent cohorts, the manager from cohort1 should only see users that exists in cohort1 not all users (image green circle).

As the image shows, on the enrollment option I allready have the two users added in thru cohort, but still they appear again to be added, what am I missing?