Scorm grades format

Scorm grades format

by diane vu -
Number of replies: 1

Hello

I am looking at the format of the grades report in Moodle from an Articulate Scorm quiz.  As a list of CMI type calls, one after the other, the results are recorded, but it is a long/lumpy unfriendly report. 

It would be good to see name of student then question and corresponding answer (especially for manual grading).  I appreciate that we can get a top level report with a raw score, but the old school type question and answer is what would be best; rather than a list of CMI calls which anyone would find hard to peg through.

Is there a plugin that can report paint an elegant scorm q&a results page?  I'd be surprised if there isn't ... I note I can find one.  Maybe I am missing an easy setting to make the report friendly to teachers.  I note that a plugin that globally enforces a change to all reports is no good here as this is an existing system share by non-scorm courses.

thanks Diane

Average of ratings: -
In reply to diane vu

Re: Scorm grades format

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

SCORM doesn't have the capacity to pass the "question" back into the LMS - it does sometimes pass an ID number which is usually set by default to something useless by the authoring tool used to create the SCORM package.

Moodle 2.3 implemented a new SCORM reporting plugin system as part of a GSOC project and a new SCORM "interactions" report was developed that displays some of the question/answer information in a slightly more usable format but not all SCORM packages pass interaction data back to the LMS.

Moodle 2.6 comes with a new "objectives" report which displays information about objectives information in a nicer format but again not all SCORM packages pass this information back to Moodle.