User Profile fields

User Profile fields

by Mark Pearson -
Number of replies: 0

I'm not sure whether this is the right forum for this request, but here goes. It strikes me that it would be a useful system wide feature at an educational institution to have certain user profile fields automatically filled in. For example, I'm thinking of a potential custom Profile field called 'Language'. At our college every student needs to fulfil a general education requirement in a language. So it would be useful if there were a User Profile field called 'Language' with options such as Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Welsh and other common languages (hahaha). Then one could use a conditional user field in a moodle site to bring resources or events to the attention of students with the relevant language field datum.

My question, therefore, is this : is there a way of automatically setting the value of a custom Profile Field as the outcome of an Activity? For example, once a student completes the Placement Evaluation for Spanish her user profile would get set with Language : spanish (obviously this could be changed by the student).

I think this could have useful consequences throughout the whole Moodle site.

Average of ratings: -