Overlay Theme issue with Editing Labels

Overlay Theme issue with Editing Labels

by Jamie Tinley -
Number of replies: 4

I noticed today on Moodle 2.5 that my overlay theme does not allow full screen editing of labels so you can't ever return to normal editing. The button is hidden. It works fine in other themes. I'm uploading an example so you can see.

Any ideas how to fix that theme so the minimize/maximize button is visible?  I see that the working themes do NOT show 'you are logged in as' whereas the Overlay theme DOES show 'you are logged in as' but this replaces the top of the label which does NOT show. 

Occurs in firefox and chrome so label hiding behavior does not appear to be browser related plus works fine in both with a different theme.

Better, can I make the label default size BIGGER because it only lets me see 3 rows unless I toggle full screen.

Thanks!

normal

normal showing maximize button

problem

problem can't see

normally you can see it still in other themes

top right, you can see it in other themes

The black block is part of the 'you are logged in as' in the overlay theme only

end of black bar

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jamie Tinley

Re: Overlay Theme issue with Editing Labels

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sorry I missed this.

It looks like it's a BUG so can you please report this in Moodle Tracker?

If you have any problems doing that let me know.

I am trying to find a fix but it's proving difficult. sad

Many thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jamie Tinley -

Hi Mary, I created a tracker for it. Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy (in this case anyway) For those following go to the tracker and vote for it please -thanks.

Jamie

In reply to Jamie Tinley

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This also happens in decaf/krystle where the top of the editor hides behind the awesomebar (not core themes and as krystle is mine anyway I've been trying, off and on, to find a solution myself without success). A related problem in other themes (I'll do some more testing to determine if its all or just some, but its all the ones I normally use), including on moodle.org forums, is that when you have items docked, the left edge of the editor hides behind the dock.

What I've tried, but not got working properly yet, is that when the full screen editor is showing set the awesomebar/dock as display:hidden. This seemed more straightforward than changing the full screen size of the editor depending on whether the dock was there or not too. I'll take another look at that and how it can be applied in overlay as well

It seems that 'fullscreen' on TinyMCE really does mean full screen! smile

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.