General plugins

Oohoo language Lab iQuery problem

 
Picture of AL Rachels
Re: Oohoo language Lab iQuery problem
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Hi everyone,

I finally got caught up enough to try this again yesterday. I now "sort of" have the language lab working. I have installed the latest version 3.0.9 (Build: 2013093000), but I do have a few problems.

When I run the Language Lab configuration checker I get the following:

Language Lab configuration checker

Site is available
--------------------------------------------------------------

Your Apache/PHP server is working, now checking RAP configuration...
Congratulations, your RAP configuration is working!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Checking the version of the RAP files...
The version of the RAP files is not the one expected by the language lab. Please check you have updated the version or your RAP files.
--------------------------------------------------------------

The Red5 server is not accessible or not started: Permission denied (13)

The problem with this result is that:

  1. The RAP files are the ones included with the latest version of the lab.
  2. I have the RAP files in /var/www/RAP but also HAVE to have a copy in the .../mod/languagelab/RAP folder or I get Warning: require_once(RAP/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/moodle25/moodle/mod/languagelab/raptest.php on line 20 Call Stack: 0.0001 634416 1. {main}() /var/www/moodle25/moodle/mod/languagelab/raptest.php:0
  3. The Red5 server IS running and IS accessible with other stuff on my server. I have tried various permissions and haven't hit one that works, yet.
  4. When logged in as a student or teacher, I can make recordings and feedback recordings but the length is always cut to about half of the actual recording length.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks for your help,

AL

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of AL Rachels
Re: Oohoo language Lab iQuery problem
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

I had totally forgotten I had posted this question and when googling for something else, happened to run across it again yesterday. Since it might help someone else I'll post what I eventually discovered was the two problems.

"The version of the RAP files is not the one expected by the language lab. Please check you have updated the version or your RAP files." This error was due to inadvertently forgetting to include the RAP version.php file in the root html folder with the rest of the RAP files, that need to be there.

The Red5 server is not accessible or not started: Permission denied (13). I eventually realized this was due to SELinux. With setenforce 0 the message changes to "The streaming server is running and available." With setenforce 1 you get the aforementioned error message, even though the Language Lab works just fine. Since I would rather have SELinux set to enforcing, I just ignore the error warning.

 
Average of ratings: -