Choosing between Turnitin and manual paper upload

Choosing between Turnitin and manual paper upload

by Kenneth Litwak -
Number of replies: 0

It seems I have to choose between a Turnitin assignment and being able to upload a paper I received in some other way.  I need a workaround.

In a regular assignment, if a student sent me a paper via email rather than uploading it (which is acceptable), I grade the paper and return it with feedback inside the assignment to view/grad all assignments.  If I create a Turnitin assignment, however, I can put a grade in the grades page but I cannot find a way to upload the paper. The Turnitin assignment seems to disallow uplo0ading a paper if it was not uploaded by the student first.

Now, I'm not dumb.  The point of a Turnitin assignment is for Turnitin to assess the paper for originality.  Fine.  Still, there ought to be some way to say, essentially, "While this paper might not be evaluated by Turnitin, I still have graded and want to upload to the course so taht the student may access it there, rather than simply returning it through email.  How can I do this?  Please don't ell me there is no way for me as a professor to override the current situation.  Thanks.

By the way, my school has added the spell-check button to the interface.  I really like that and I wish it were true here.  I can't depend upon my own proofreading to avoid mistakes.  Could you add spell-checking to the options for a forum post?  In this post, I misspelled "really."  Something, probably Firefox, underlined it in red but it did not offer me a choice to fix because apparently, being in this HTML textarea changes my options to HTML options only.  Thanks.

Ken

Average of ratings: -