Difficulty level in question

Difficulty level in question

by Prathibha B -
Number of replies: 2

How to set the difficulty level while adding questions in question bank?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Prathibha B

Re: Difficulty level in question

by Chalapati Rao Vavilapalli -

Hello, I am  not sure adding difficulty level in question. But in one of forum questions, I saw following relating to difficulty(here i reproduce):

"

is it possible to have a question in more than 1 category. Our actual requirement is something like this.

- Suppose the question bank has 100 questions, 70 of type 1 and 30 of type 2. 

- Out of type 1, 40 are difficult, 20 are average and 10 are easy questions. and similarly for type 2.

- And the quiz has only 20 questions. Can we ask the quiz to pick up 10 random of Type 1 with 5 difficult and 5 easy and 10 random of type 2 similarly??

Ans;

Questions can only be in one category, but categories can be hierarchical, so you can do

• Type 1
  • Easy
  • Average
  • Difficult
  • Type 2
  • Easy
  • Average
  • Difficult

"

Please see whether it is useful...If  you find any other solution, please update here...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Prathibha B

Re: Difficulty level in question

by Ray Morris -

Probably the "best" solution, in terms of a precise, useful data structure, would be:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=233406

Until that's done, you could use Tags if you have only a few levels of difficulty - easy, medium hard.  Tags don't work so well if you wanted to score the difficulty 1-100.  (Generally, tags are good when there are a small number of tags which apply to a large number of things.)

Custom fields as discussed in 233406 are better suited to allowing may different values, but aren't available just yet.