Course Import/Restore error

Course Import/Restore error

by Dora K. -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!

I have moodle 2.5.1+ installed. I created a course named Course A with 5 topics which only have title and description. I tried to import these topics to Course B but I get the following error:

"Restore method process_pmatchreverse is missing. It must be defined by a developer."

The same error came up when I tried to restore a backup file of Course A merging it into Course B.

I tried to restore the backup file into a new course on a different moodle 2.5.1+ installation I have. Still the same error...

Any idea why this is happening? :S

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dora K.

Re: Course Import/Restore error

by Dora K. -

I turned on debugging developer mode and tried import again...

I got the following... No idea what this means however... 

Debug info: 
Error code: restore_path_element_missingmethod
Stack trace:
  • line 83 of /backup/util/structure/restore_path_element.class.php: restore_path_element_exception thrown
  • line 91 of /backup/util/structure/restore_path_element.class.php: call to restore_path_element->validate_pobject()
  • line 63 of /backup/moodle2/restore_plugin.class.php: call to restore_path_element->set_processing_object()
  • line 322 of /backup/util/plan/restore_structure_step.class.php: call to restore_plugin->define_plugin_structure()
  • line 3266 of /backup/moodle2/restore_stepslib.php: call to restore_structure_step->add_plugin_structure()
  • line 84 of /backup/util/plan/restore_structure_step.class.php: call to restore_create_categories_and_questions->define_structure()
  • line 153 of /backup/util/plan/base_task.class.php: call to restore_structure_step->execute()
  • line 163 of /backup/util/plan/base_plan.class.php: call to base_task->execute()
  • line 157 of /backup/util/plan/restore_plan.class.php: call to base_plan->execute()
  • line 315 of /backup/controller/restore_controller.class.php: call to restore_plan->execute()
  • line 132 of /backup/import.php: call to restore_controller->execute_plan()

In reply to Dora K.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Isidora,

It sounds as though the problem is caused by the add-on question type Reverse pattern match. Please see Tim's comments in the Plugins directory entry https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=qtype_pmatchreverse.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Dora K. -

Thanks Helen! That was it! I fixed it!