One course not appearing in "my courses" section

One course not appearing in "my courses" section

by John Werth -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, 

I have site admin rights, but I do not look after installation and server, so I am not sure of exact version of moodle.  It would be 2.4.?

I have created several courses.  All the courses that I teach in except for one appear in the "my courses" section. So 4 out of 5 appear.  The one course does not.  It doesn't appear for a colleague either.  As far as I can tell it should, the settings are the same for the other courses.  It is available, not hidden and last semester it was on the list.  Something has happened to make it disappear.  The only way I can access it is to go via site admin and course edit.

Any suggestions to remedy this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Werth

Re: One course not appearing in "my courses" section

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you been given the teacher role in this course? As admin you will only see the courses you teach in in your "my courses" if you have the teacher role in them - otherwise you'd have every single course in Moodle.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by John Werth -

Thanks Mary,

I am assigned as teacher (and manager), so is my colleague, that why is it is puzzling.

John

In reply to John Werth

by J. Michael Wills -

Hey John, 

I had this issue with one of my teachers yesterday and I could find no reason that his course should be missing from "my courses" based on his permissions and assigned courses. Here is what worked for me. I deleted him as a teacher and manager from his class. Then added him back as a teacher. Even after I added him as a teacher (assigned him the teacher role) his course was still not listed until he went to his course and it asked him to self enroll. Once he did that his course showed up in "my courses". The interesting thing to me is that for the past couple weeks of school his class did show up in my courses but suddenly disappeared? Anyhow, best of luck.

Michael

In reply to John Werth

by Lila Kelly -

I am having this same problem.  Glad to see that I am not the only one, but I was hoping to find more information related to a solution.  Is there another way to contact a Moodle expert about this problem, or does anyone have any other experience with or solutions for this?