Single Answer Question

Single Answer Question

by Jesse Marsh -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 2.5

I am looking to create a activity that has a little reading assignment then a single check box to certify they have read and understood.  I've looked at both quizzes, which don't seem to allow a single check box.  I also looked into feedback and it seemed to be the right thing but could figure out the check box.  One thing I do need, once competed I need to know who completed and who did not, this is why it seemed feedback would be the right way to go.

Any help or even a completely different idea would be great.

Jesse

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jesse Marsh

Re: Single Answer Question

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Of course, the check-box won't tell you that they have read and understood. Just that they have ticked a box.

http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Activity_completion

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jesse Marsh -

That totally seems like it would be what I need, but even after enabling "Completion Tracking", I still am unable to find "Activity Completion" within the activity settings.  Can it only be used with certain activities?  I have tried a few different ones?

In reply to Jesse Marsh

by Floyd Saner -

There are two settings to enable completion tracking:

1) Site level:  Site administration ... Advanced features:  Enable completion tracking.  This must be enabled first, before you enable at the course level.

2) Course level:  Course...Edit settings...Student progress - set to enabled.

-Floyd

In reply to Jesse Marsh

by Jesse Marsh -

It appears the best method that I have found to work is the "Choice" activity.  Thanks for all the help.