One teacher in a grouping that can see all of the groups?

One teacher in a grouping that can see all of the groups?

by Susan Miller-Curley -
Number of replies: 1

I am using Moodle 2.1 and starting to use the grouping feature.  I have one course that I sell to school districts and multiple schools use the course.  So picture it like this:

Hometown School District has three schools using my course:  Bluff Lake High School, Urban Creek High School, and Central Park High School.  I have separate groups set up for each of the schools so the teacher at each school can only see the students that go to their school.  However, there is district administrator at Hometown School District that would like to view all the data from all the schools.  Suggestions?  

Thanks! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Miller-Curley

Re: One teacher in a grouping that can see all of the groups?

by ben reynolds -

Hi Susan,

What we do for this is use the non-editing teacher role. We take away the capability to see all groups for teachers and keep it intact for non-editing teacher. You can even rename the role to Big Cheese.

The virtue is that the Big Cheese can't mess stuff up like a teacher can. Of course, if you're the only teacher, you want to preserve your capability for the teacher role.

You will probably find that you need to put your three groups into three groupings so they can't see each other in Assignment and such.