moodle

moodle

by frol shmel -
Number of replies: 2

Good day.

Can you help me. i install ubuntu server 12.04, nginx, php-fm, mysql, fnd moodle 2.5

But i have a problem with  static content/ images,  scripts are not disdplay on the moodle.

the way of images on the site is wrong.  i do not understand it.  i think that the ways of the files static content are created by images.php. i tjink than i must do rewrite ways of the files, but  i do not know how  do it. what write in config file of host nginx for rewriting this ways????

i`m sorry of my english,

please, help me!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to frol shmel

Re: moodle

by Peter Upfold -

Have you disabled the 'slash arguments' feature? With Nginx and PHP-FPM, this feature won't work without further configuration, and so items served using URLs like 'file.php/something/somethingelse' (including images and static files) will not work properly.

The quickest solution to get these files serving again is to disable 'slash arguments'. You can search for it in Site Administration, or go to /admin/settings.php?section=http.

On this page, untick 'Use slash arguments' and save. Your images and static content should then load.

In reply to frol shmel

Re: moodle

by John Andrewartha -

Don't altering, fiddiling/altering core file without understanding what's happening.

nginx may not have the support this from the wiki

"

Software

• An operating system (!). Anything that runs the following software; although the choice will most likely depend on the performance you need and the skills you have available. Linux and Windows are the most common choices (and good support is available). If you have a free choice, Linux is generally regarded to be the optimal platform. Moodle is also regularly tested with Windows XP/2000/2003, Solaris 10 (Sparc and x64), Mac OS X and Netware 6 operating systems.
  • Web server. Primarily Apache or IIS. Not fully tested (or supported) but should work are lightttpd, nginx, cherokee, zeus and LiteSpeed. Moodle will refuse to install on any other web server. Your web server needs to be correctly configured to serve PHP files.The version is not critical but try to use the newest web server build available to you.
  • PHP - The minimum version is currently 5.3.2. A number of extensions are required; see the PHP page for full details. Installation will halt at the environment check if any of the required extensions are missing.
  • A database. MySQL and PostgreSQL are the primary development database, the most comprehensively tested and have extensive documentation and support. Oracle and MSSQL are fully supported (note that optional plugins may be untested with these databases) but documentation and online help are not as comprehensive as MySQL/PostgreSQL. If in doubt use MySQL (more documentation) or PostgreSQL (better stability/performance). You will need the appropriate PHP extension (configured if need be) for your chosen database."

Retrieved from http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Installing_Moodle   16/07/2013

Is there any reason you can not use Apache? It will serve you well without some of the annoying headaches you have at the moment.