Badge criteria - by grade?

Badge criteria - by grade?

بذریعہ Paul Douglas -
جوابات کی تعداد: 14

Apologies if this has already been answered in another thread... I did search but couldn't find anything.

Simple question... I'm sure this can be done manually by an assigned role, but is it possible to award a badge based on a grade?

For example, unlock a High achievement award for assignments that earn a grade of 90% or above?

درجہ بندی کا اوسط: -
Paul Douglas کے جواب میں

Re: Badge criteria - by grade?

بذریعہ Helen Foster -
Core developers کی تصویر Documentation writers کی تصویر Moodle HQ کی تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers کی تصویر Plugin developers کی تصویر Testers کی تصویر Translators کی تصویر

Hi Paul,

To award a badge based on a grade you need to enable Activity completion.

Helen Foster کے جواب میں

بذریعہ Paul Douglas -

Thanks for the reply Helen!

Well, I've enabled site wide completion tracking here:Home > Site administration > Advanced features

At a course level, I've also enabled Completion tracking:
Home > Courses > Course Name > Edit settings > Edit course settings

...and in the activity settings, I've enabled Activity completion:

But in the Badge criteria page I don't see a 'Grade' option when I select Activity completion:

I should have said - I am working with a Course Badge not a Site badge.

Have I missed something?

Paul Douglas کے جواب میں

بذریعہ Andrea Bicciolo -
Hi Paul,

if your activities are marked complete according to "Require grade" (regardless the grade students received), then on the Activity completion badge criteria just select the activiy where the student must receive a grade and upon activities completion (i.e. grade receved) the badge will be awarded.

If you want to award badges when student reach a given score in the whole course, you may want to select "Course completion" as badge criteria, then you can enter a minimum score.
Andrea Bicciolo کے جواب میں

بذریعہ Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers کی تصویر Moodle HQ کی تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers کی تصویر Testers کی تصویر Translators کی تصویر

I came upon a similar query myself today when I wanted to award a badge to users who got 70% or more in a quiz - I am going to investigate and post back.

Mary Cooch کے جواب میں

بذریعہ Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers کی تصویر Moodle HQ کی تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers کی تصویر Testers کی تصویر Translators کی تصویر

Ah yes - MDL-40495 and MDL-40755

درجہ بندی کا اوسط:Useful (1)
Mary Cooch کے جواب میں

بذریعہ Mary Cooch -

Ok  -here is what I did as a workaround:

1) Made the quiz (or assignment)

2) Made a simple page after it and set the restrict access conditions so that it would only appear if the user had got a certain grade in the quiz or assignment previously

3)Set the activity completion for the page as "view"

4) Set the badge criteria such that the page had to be completed (ie viewed) That way, only those who get above a certain grade will ope up the page which will release the badge.

درجہ بندی کا اوسط:Useful (4)
Mary Cooch کے جواب میں

بذریعہ Simon Coggins -

Yes this is an interesting one.

On one hand, we are keen to avoid reimplementing every feature of course and activity completion in badge criteria - if people want more criteria relating to activities or courses it makes sense for them to be added to completion rather than badges. So in this case fixing MDL-40495 would solve the problem.

On the other hand, as Yuliya says in MDL-40755, you may want to issue badges for slightly different criteria to the "completion" criteria. Her example is a good one, maybe the course grade to complete is 50%, but you want to award a "distinction" badge for a grade of 80% or more.

Personally I'm not sure the best way forward with this, interested to hear what people think!

Simon

Simon Coggins کے جواب میں

بذریعہ Mary Cooch -

Hi again Paul. Thanks to Aaron in another thread I've revisited (!) grades and I think if you set a "grade to pass" as in 1.3 of Activity completion settings then you should be able to award your badge based on "receive a grade" What happens which confused me is that whatever grade the student receives (ie lower than your chosen grade) the activity is still marked as complete - but with an X and a roll over message that they didn't pass. If they try again and get the pass grade then the activity completion icon changes to a green tick/check and it unlocks the badge.

درجہ بندی کا اوسط:Useful (1)
Paul Douglas کے جواب میں

بذریعہ Jon Williams -

"On the other hand, as Yuliya says in MDL-40755, you may want to issue badges for slightly different criteria to the "completion" criteria. Her example is a good one, maybe the course grade to complete is 50%, but you want to award a "distinction" badge for a grade of 80% or more."

We want to do something very similar. We've created a quiz which has grade boudaries like most quizes. What we would really like to do and do not know if it possible is the following:-

<10% award badge1

<20% award badge 2

<30% award badge 3

etc...

I appreciate the maths is not right in this example but it is the Badges aspect that I would like, is this possible?

J

Jon Williams کے جواب میں

بذریعہ Jon Williams -

I guess this is a badge based on a specific outcome of an activity rather than for completing the whole course?

Jon Williams کے جواب میں

بذریعہ Yuliya Bozhko -

Hi Jon,

There are no grade criteria for separate activities in badges. I think I avoided this because activities can have custom scales, and at the time of writing code this looked quite difficult to manage ملا ہوا

I can't think of any work around except for making course grade to be based on 100% of quiz grade and issue badges with course grade criterion.

Yuliya

Yuliya Bozhko کے جواب میں

بذریعہ William Beazley -

I guess I'm still not clear:

What QUIZ activity completion criteria is used by badges if a passing grade is set in the gradebook?

"Completed" or

"Completed Passed" 

If the latter, it could save a bit of arm waiving.  Right now (2.6,0), I use activity completion on a Certificate "activity" and use viewing that as the criterion for badges

If I could use the quiz directly as the criterion, users could view their badge immediately after passing the quiz and not have to view their certificates.  I fear 100 "where's my badge?" calls every month.

Also, I plan to use a course as a template  about 100 others.  Is this gradebook passing grade going to be inherited with the course?  Or is it set in the each new instance?

Bill Beazley