Hide block from students - not teacher

Hide block from students - not teacher

by George Burdo -
Number of replies: 5

Is there a way that a teacher can have a particular block showing (i.e. Activities), but not have it show to the students?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to George Burdo

Re: Hide block from students - not teacher

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes. If you click the icon on the block to assign roles (dont worry that you get a message saying you cant't) Then scroll down to the block's administration/settings and in the permissions for the block, set the student role to "prevent" for "view block".

In reply to Mary Cooch

by George Burdo -

Thanks, but it didn't work. However, I tried applying the settings to "authenticated user" and now it's working as intended. (Something unique to my permissions?)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anton Coltham -

Hi Mary

The "Assign Role" icon is available for teachers for all blocks except the Settings and Navigation Blocks.

Any idea how that can be allowed.

I've tried all the permission settings with no joy.

I'd like teacher to have the ability to do what you suggested, but only admins can do that.

Cheers
Anton

Attachment assign_roles.png
In reply to Anton Coltham

by Anton Coltham -

Moodle Version for above issue is 2.4.3+

In reply to Anton Coltham

by Pat Soileau -

Please forgive me if I'm a bit dense, but I'm new here....   smile

Are you trying to say that functionality exists in Moodle 2.4.3 which will allow the display of certain blocks based upon user roles?

Specifically, we'd like to display a block just for folks who are in "nonpay" status, but no one else. 

With versions prior to 2.4.3, can you think of a workaround which we could emply?

Thanks!