Glossary autolink popup with javascript and applets

Glossary autolink popup with javascript and applets

by Carl LeBlond -
Number of replies: 5

I am building an interactive glossary of chemistry terms.  Some of my glossary entries have applets and javascript in them.  These don't work in autolinked popup.  I can disable the popup and it opens another page or tab and all work fine, but I'd love to have this work in popups.  Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carl LeBlond

Re: Glossary autolink popup with javascript and applets

by Mike Jaroch -

Question? How do you disable the pop-up? Would rather have my entries open in a new tab/window. 

I have tried putting code into the glossary before. It seems to clean it out.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mike Jaroch

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Mike "How do you disable the pop-up?"

I have the same question for Carl.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mike Jaroch -

Well if Joseph has the same question I guess I can stop searching the docs!!!!

In reply to Mike Jaroch

by Carl LeBlond -

To make the link pop up in same window you need to edit moodle/filter/glossary/filter.php

At about line 184 replace this line

'class'=> 'glossary autolink concept glossaryid'.$concept->glossaryid);

with this line

'class'=> 'glossary concept glossaryid'.$concept->glossaryid);

Your just removing the autolink class.  I'll try to figure out how to get it in new window when I get a chance.

In reply to Carl LeBlond

by Chris Klissiaris -

Hello,

I am using moodle 2,6 and i did the change you suggest. Its true that the change work but my problem is that i dont have a pop up window. I just get redirected to the word so i have to go back to have access to my course.

Any change you can help me? I just want when i press on a word to have a pop up window with the explanation (lightbox style i guess)