Is anyone running the updated Quickmail block for Moodle v2.4+ yet?
We've got Moodle v2.4.3 and Quickmail v1.3.1
I have a question about group / FERPA Mode. (Aside: We're in Canada. "FERPA" means nothing to us, but we assume it has something to do with personal information privacy and a requirement to keep groups separate from and invisible to each other.)
I can't get separate groups to work in Quickmail.
Quickmail system setting FERPA Mode has three possible values:
- Always Separate Groups: "ignoring the groupmode setting but separating groups"
- Respect Course Mode: "behave either according to the course groupmode setting"
- No Group Respect: "ignoring groups altogether"
Course setting Group mode has three possible settings:
- No groups
- Separate groups
- Visible groups
- Course Group mode: Separate groups, and Force group mode: Yes
- Quickmail FERPA Mode: Always Separate groups
I would expect that when a student goes to compose a Quickmail message, that they would see ONLY their group and students in their group in the menus of possible recipients. No matter what settings I choose, all the students can always see and always send to all the groups and all the students in the course.
I know I have the groups set up properly, because I've tested them in a forum set to Separate groups.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
(System admins tried installing Quickmail v1.3.2 but it was generating an error message so we downgraded to v1.3.1.)