legacy course files issue

legacy course files issue

by Tyler Gilpin -
Number of replies: 3

To any developer out there willing to help me

I have an issue with the file migration from 1.9 to 2.x. I upgraded my site from 1.9 to 2.2. I had a few database problem but it was an easy fix. However, none of the issue were related to the file migration. That part during the upgrade said it completed OK, but as I upgrade from 2.2 to 2.5 I notice none of the legacy course files from my 1.9 site works. The only legacy course files that work are courses I restored from another Moodle 2 site. The legacy course files are showing as links on the site, but when you click any of them you get this message "This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry." and a RED X. I can see the resource record in the database, but the file record in mdl_files doesn't exist. If I can just finish this process, my site would be complete. I rather not redo this site again. Is there a script that I can run to finish the pending file migration process? Or at least go to a previous version and upgrade again? I'm a little upset/confused that I got no errors during the file migration. Honestly, Moodle 2 shouldn't be considered stable if upgrading doesn't work correctly (No offense to the Moodle developers.). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tyler G

Attachment Course_ iPads for Teachers - In maintenance mode_2013-07-09_10-55-09.jpg
Attachment JCS iPad_ Files - In maintenance mode_2013-07-09_10-55-00.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tyler Gilpin

Re: legacy course files issue

by Jean FRUITET -

I thought that moodle 1.9 migration to moodle 2.4 or moodle 2.5 had to go through moodle 2.3 first, not moodle 2.2

Try it again from moodle 1.9 directly to moodle 2.3 (I hope you have a moodle 1.9 backup...)

Jean

In reply to Jean FRUITET

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The moodle code does - I'm not so sure about backups of individual courses. I haven't seen anything suggesting they need to be backed up to Moodle2.3 first

In reply to Jean FRUITET

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Jean

As I wrote in the other thread https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=229668&parent=1024132 I doubt a one step site upgrade 1.9 -> 2.3 is the right thing.

@documenters

Unfortunately the word "legacy" has a negative connotation, at least in IT. If you could invent an euphemism for it, the people will live happy forever. I propose "catacombe" or even "legendary (file) archive".
smile