Making TinyMCE not be collapsed in Moodle 2.5?

Making TinyMCE not be collapsed in Moodle 2.5?

by Tony Harris -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

I think the new collapsed default for TinyMCE is pretty cool in Moodle 2.5, since it's there if you need it but not in the way for all those many times when you don't need it.

However, I have had the request from faculty that it adds yet another click and couldn't we please make the toolbars always show.  I've been hunting around for an admin setting like that, and haven't found one.  Is there a way to set that?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony Harris

Re: Making TinyMCE not be collapsed in Moodle 2.5?

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Tony - I have a site where the users would like for the default size to be larger when it is collapsed. I wonder if who our TinyMCE experts are or if someone might be able to point to where to look (code, theme, etc.). I started to poke around but it was not initially clear whether I am looking for something that is coded into the form, something that might be overridden with a setting (for example customconfig), or something in a theme. Any ideas to help the search for better control over the behavior of TinyMCE editor in its collapsed form would be appreciated. Peace - Anthony 

In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Doug Moody -

I am also looking for the way to change the default font size of the TinyMCE editor. Of course, it is probably in the theme settings. I could change it if I knew where to change it.

Any theme experts want to weigh in?

In reply to Doug Moody

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Doug,

Themes can have an editor.css file which can mirror the look and feel of the text in the theme itself so that the TinyMCE editor actually becomes closer to being a proper WYSIWYG editor.

This can (should?) include the default font size.

Richard