Moodle 2.5 : where is the Settings link?

Re: Moodle 2.5 : where is the Settings link?

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Let us know how you get onsmile

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Moodle 2.5 : where is the Settings link?

by Patricia Dearnaley -

I have got as far as downloading Moodle using the Microsoft Web Platform Installer. I get so far, and it identifies the database as root and server as localhost, then it asks me for a password. I have three passwords:

• the password that I use to log onto the server
  • the password for the Moodle account
  • the database password

but it rejects tham all and tells me that it cannot connect to localhost. I don't have any other passwords. angry

In reply to Patricia Dearnaley

Problem installing Moodle with MS Web Platform installer

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello again. I don't personally have any experience of this installer so I can't help you but I have changed the subject title of your thread so hopefully someone who has used this can assist. Are you wanting to download Moodle for your own personal practice or to set it up for an establishment? (That makes a big difference as to which package you use for downloading and setting up Moodle)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Problem installing Moodle with MS Web Platform installer

by Patricia Dearnaley -

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your patience. I'm trying to set it up for my small training company, with Small Business Server 2008 and two office based PCs and remote access via remote desktop connection from my laptop.