Hiding grade items for non-visable activities

Hiding grade items for non-visable activities

by Tzvi Daum -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I am trying to set up a course for the coming school year and enrolled a demo student in the course. When a students goes to the grade book, they can see all grade items in the course even though they are currently hidden from students. How can I prevent activities from appearing in the grade book as items until they are made visible to students? I don't know at which date these actives will be done and would just like to hide everything until visible to the students.

Sincerely,

Tzvi

Attachment gradbook.png
In reply to Tzvi Daum

Re: Hiding grade items for non-visable activities

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You might check your settings in the gradebook and see if you are including grades from hidden items - this would cause them to show in the gradebook..

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tzvi Daum -

Thanks Emma,

This is what the grade settings for the course looks like:

The picture in the previous post was me logged in as a student in the course.

Any advice on what needs to be changed?

Tzvi

Attachment gradebook.png
In reply to Tzvi Daum

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Those look correct - is it just quizzes that are showing or do you only have quiz activities?  I might have seen a bug report for the quizzes that still show despite being hidden.

Just tested on my site - quizzes still show up but other assignments are hidden as they should be - you might search for a tracker item or put a bug in Tim Hunt's ear on the quiz forum.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tzvi Daum -

Thank you Emma, will do!

There are only quizzes there.

TD

In reply to Tzvi Daum

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If hidden quizzes are showing up in the grade book, then that is just a bug and it should be fixed. We need a tracker issue, if one does not already exist.

(I wonder if this is a regression caused by MDL-18301?)

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Tzvi Daum -

Thanks for clarifying that Tim!

Anybody setting up a tracker for this? I have never done that, so I am little uncomfortable with the process.

Tzvi