How do you Hide the Grading Rubric within Assignment (Moodle 2.3)

How do you Hide the Grading Rubric within Assignment (Moodle 2.3)

by josh love -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

I am currently trying to figure out how to hide the grading rubric from the student before they submit an assignment (online text and single file upload). Having the grading rubric laid out before submitting the assignment looks clunky to me and the 'Add Submission' button is below the rubric, which means the student has to scroll down to find it (not user friendly imo). 

Where the rubric shows within the assignment is underneath "Submission Status", then in the "Grading Criteria" row. 

What I have tried so far is while I am within the assignment, I went to:

Assignment Administration -> Advanced Grading -> Define Rubric

I unchecked the box that says "Allow users to preview rubric used in the module (otherwise rubric will only become visible after grading)".

But even after being unchecked, when I log in as my test student, I can still see the Grading Rubric within the assignment. 

Any suggestions? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to josh love

Re: How do you Hide the Grading Rubric within Assignment (Moodle 2.3)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. It seems this has been fixed for versions 2.4.5 and 2.5.1 but I don't see it fixed for 2.3 and unfortunately you're right; it is a bug. See MDL-39710

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: How do you Hide the Grading Rubric within Assignment (Moodle 2.3)

by josh love -

Thank you for this! Will update the site asap.