WebDav Repository security query (Moodle 2.5)

WebDav Repository security query (Moodle 2.5)

by Alicia Wallace -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I've tried setting up a webdav repository (to our Sharepoint 2010 server) and I'm a little concerned that it's asking for the username and password at the point where the repository is created. 

Our Sharepoint server is set up so that different people can access different areas (there are about 90 areas, and 200 people connecting to them) and we want this to be accessible via Moodle.

Is this level of security/ authentication requirement possible?

I have tried connecting on my test server and it can't see any files at all (that's a separate problem!), so it's possible there's a login required at the point you open the files, but I haven't got far enough to see it.

Alicia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alicia Wallace

Re: WebDav Repository security query (Moodle 2.5)

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Each instance of the webdav repository (which can be configured at the site level, or at the individual user level) is associated with a single account (the one you log in to it with) and there is no provision for multiple users logging in with different accounts. In fact, it would be hard to configure it to work on a user-by-user basis, as you'd need to find some way of associating the user's Moodle credentials with the webdav credentials for that user (preferably without storing the webdav password in plain text in the Moodle database, but that may be difficult to avoid).

The closest you could get would be for each user to go to their profile and manually configure a webdav repository instance with their login details (you can't even do this via the 'login as' function, as repository settings are not accessible via 'login as', due to the security risk of accessing user private files).

In reply to Davo Smith

Re: WebDav Repository security query (Moodle 2.5)

by Alicia Wallace -

Thanks Davo

That's not exactly what I wanted to hear, but never mind smile I guess I'll have to try something else

Alicia