How do I unsubscribe from a forum?

How do I unsubscribe from a forum?

by Rudá Almeida -
Number of replies: 4

I wrote a new topic here and left the "send me email copies of posts to this forum" in the default option, enabled. How do I disable this? If i do disable this, will I still get email replies to my own topics?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rudá Almeida

Re: How do I unsubscribe from a forum?

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Rudá Almeida

If you want unsubcribe from a whole forum then go to forum then from Settings > Forum administration  and click on unsubscribe from this forum link . 

If you want to unsubscribe from a forum topic that can only be changed if you have edit option available. Click on the forum topic then edit the post and in the subscription option select "I don't want email copies of post to this forum".

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Rudá,

Please see also the Moodle.org FAQ 'I'm getting tons of email copies of forum posts. How do I stop them?' for advice on other ways of receiving forum post notifications.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Rudá Almeida -

Thanks! This sounds like what I need! Will I still receive email notifications of replies to my forum posts?

In reply to Rudá Almeida

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It's not yet possible to only receive replies to your own forum posts - either you're subscribed to a forum and you receive notification of all forum posts (replies and new discussion starters), or you're not subscribed and then you receive nothing.

However it will hopefully be possible to subscribe to forum threads in Moodle 2.6. smile