mbz format

mbz format

by Charles Duncan -
Number of replies: 4

Does anyone know if the specification of the structure/format of an .mbz file is available anywhere? I have searched in vain.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Duncan

Re: mbz format

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Not sure one exist ... an .mbz is 'moodle backup zip' ... ie, it's a zip file.  To open locally, change extension from .mbz to .zip and un-zip.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

To add to this good advice:

Inside the zip file are a bunch of XML files. The XML structure is not documented anywhere, but it is quite logical, and closely follows the Moodle database structure.

The Moodle database structure is documented. Go to Admin -> Development -> XMLDB in your Moodle site and click the [Doc] link.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by 卓弘 上村 -

Thanks for Ken and Tim.smile

I'm going to restore the forum data from 1.9 to 2.5.

As I couldn't recover them in the normal way of backup and recover.

In reply to 卓弘 上村

by 卓弘 上村 -

I'm looking for the database structure document that Tim mentioned, and found the page below:

http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Database_Schema

Is this the one? I wonder Version 1.8(latest Version listed there) is too old and, there is many difference from Version 2.X.

--

Please forgive me if my text is wrong, for I'm poor in English and new to this forum.