Moodle 2.4 Hardware and Performance Optimization

Moodle 2.4 Hardware and Performance Optimization

by Brett Cairns -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, we are currently using moodle 2.4.3 and we find loading the "category" link appears to be very slow (13 seconds). We have a few hundred categories at system level. However, we had no problem at all in 1.9 a few months ago. We tried to load the same link with some content on moodle.org's own testing site (demo.moodle.net) and it was pretty fast (a couple of seconds).

Does anybody know the server environment and config for demo.moodle.net?

This is causing big problems for us right now, any input in resolving this problem is highly appreciate!!

Many thanks,

Brett

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brett Cairns

Re: Moodle 2.4 Hardware and Performance Optimization

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

sounds like MDL-35179 - does it only occur when editing is on? - I adjusted one of our clients sites to remove the "move to" drop list which helps a lot. Those pages are being rewritten for 2.6 which will hopefully fix it properly.

In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Moodle 2.4 Hardware and Performance Optimization

by Brett Cairns -

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying back to me. The slowdown occurs regardless of whether editing is turned on or off. I am not sure what you mean by the "move to" drop list. Does it have anything to do with the screenshot below which is a sample output of what our categories page looks like?

Thanks for pointing out MDL-35179 for me. If that is the issue I am running into it is unfortunate that it may not be resolved soon but it is nice to know that it is being looked into.

Thanks for all the help!

Regards,

Brett